Hello Friends. I have started a new teaching blog title The Balanced Classroom. I will be posting and sharing my teaching ideas there. I will keep my writing blog with Word Press and leave Teacher Talk published without adding anything new to this site. Thank you to all who are following me and frequent Teacher Talk. I hope to see you at The Balanced Classroom. I am having a book give away for my first ten followers there.
I had a great first week of school. I’m tired of course, but really enjoyed my new third graders. As you know, my welcome bulletin board is decorated with iPods that have the children’s names displayed as my playlist. I stuck with this theme for one of my activities last week. We read the poem My Teacher Took My iPod by Ken Nesbitt. Then, the children colored their own iPods and glued their pictures on the screen. I displayed their iPods on the wall beside my welcome board. I have to say, they’re the cutest little iPods I’ve ever seen.
Thank you to Holly at Krazyfunteaching for nominating me for The Versatile Blogger Award. I am so excited. This is my first award nomination. (Two posts in one day is another first.)
To accept this award I have to:
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated me. Done
2. Include a link back to who nominated me. Done
3. Include the award image in my blog post. Done
4. Tell 7 random facts about myself. Done
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award. Done
6. When nominating, include a link to their page. Done
7. Let the nominees know by leaving a comment on their pages. Done
Seven Random Facts About Myself
1. I have two beautiful daughters. My older daughter is a second year college student majoring in sports medicine. My younger daughter is sports crazy. She will be an 8th grader this year.
2. I’m an avid reader of young adult novels. I have read several this summer.
3. I love to write stories. Along with reading young adult material, I write in that genre. I’m currently working on a young adult novel dedicated to my younger daughter.
4. I have two spoiled cats named Sasha and Sheldon. I have one very spoiled dog named Sammy. All three of my animals match in color. White with gold/orange.
5. Like Holly at krazyfunteaching, I watch the Real Housewives shows. Jersey Housewives are my favorites.
6. I am Pinterest obsessed. My favorite boards are the teaching ( of course) and recipes.
7. My favorite food is lasagna.
Here are the 15 Bloggers I am nominating:
You gotta love Pinterest! The amount of pins on my teaching board far out number all of my others. So many of you talented creative teachers sharing ideas makes it difficult for me not to pin every teaching idea that I see. Your ideas have inspired me to be ultra creative in preparing to go back to school this year. Pins from kcrewkidsrock.blogspot and anotherdayinfirstgrade.blogspot inspired my back to school bulletin board and classroom decor ideas. Check out my pinspirations! I actually made the pom poms myself!
Thanks to The Clutter Free Classroom, my mission this year is to stay organized and neatly display items. My classroom has a blue wall, blue carpet, and green counter. So my theme will be those colors.
I found ribbon with my theme colors at Pat Catan’s, and strung it across the bulletin board to display my anchor charts. I got blue clothes pins at Wal-Mart and felt flower stickers to dress up the pins at The Dollar Tree .
I started a message center with materials found at the places above. The Dollar Tree had loads of materials in my colors. So, thanks Clutter Free Classroom, for all of the good ideas.
Hop over to The Bomb-Diggity for Back to School Ideas.